Thursday 7 May 2009

Looking good

Well our plot may still be looking a bit rough around the edges compared to the raised beds and immaculate completely weed free ground of some of our neighbours but it really is starting to take shape and is looking the best it ever has under our tenancy. This evening we planted our sweetcorn and another row of potatoes plus a row of carrots. I've gone for 'flyaway' this first time to ensure they have some resistance to the pests while we are still learning.

I've scattered my organic slug pellets and I noticed when going to the communal water tank that a few of our neighbours seem to have had the same problem, particularly with beans so I didn't feel quite so bad in a weird kind of way.

Sometimes it's easy to get disheartened when you're just beginning but seeing the plants growing is really giving me hope that by summer we will be eating our own produce regularly and that's a really good feeling.

No comments: