Thursday 10 January 2008

More digging please

Only tomorrow to go and then we can definitely get down to the allotment and do something. It has been so frustrating this week at work and even more so driving past the end of the road where the plot is but it is dark so early in January, at least I know the longest day has passed and it will only be getting lighter from here. We are both off this weekend so should be able to have a really good go at finishing the path and starting the main beds. Hopefully it won't pour down the whole weekend, with our current levels of enthusiasm we'd probably go anyway but it's not as easy as that when you have a toddler in tow because we can't confine her to the shed or have her out in the rain for a long period of time and of course her needs come first. I suppose we could rope in an ever-willing Grandparent but this is a family project, we want her to be involved and we want and need to spend time with her when we have been working during the week. This is the British winter but surely it won't rain solidly for two whole days... will it???

I've been surveying the house the last couple of evenings to see where I could locate some seed trays, to get some things started off the trouble is little Mini is into everything right now and I have visions of the compost being emptied everywhere or her trying to eat it. We have very few windowsills in our house as it has original sash windows so the choices for a sunny spot are quite limited, I think eventually we will work towards a proper greenhouse on the plot but you can't do everything at once, patience is not my strongest point and I want everything sorting now but I'll have to realise that this takes time and that's all part of the magic.

No comments: