Saturday 1 March 2008

It's March


1st March already today, how time flies when you are having fun, and it's almost time to put in those long awaited potatoes. Last night it was so stormy, the windows were rattling and I could hear the swirling of the leaves, I haven't had a minute to go and check everything is ok today but I'm hoping it will be.


My tomatoes are coming up a treat on the draining board. My husband thinks that 20 plants is too many but we'll see, 10 are a bush type giving cherry toms and 10 are moneymaker a traditional type of tomato, we'll see how we go on, I love tomatoes in salads and we eat a lot of tomato based sauces with pasta, I also have a great recipe for tomato chutney so chances are there won't be many left even if we do keep the 20 plants and we have a large extended family who will welcome any that we can't eat.


That's one thing I am wondering about, because this is our first year it's hard to know just what sort of yield we will get, I suppose some things will be successful and others not, it's just a case of trial and error.


Am hoping to get to the plot tomorrow after church, it's my 2nd Mother's Day and I am hoping my husband has remembered to get at least a card. Then later in the day we have to go and visit our own Mum's, will have to find 10 minutes though just to check over the wind damage.

No comments: